What is MyMiddlesex?
MyMiddlesex is a series of interactive web and mobile decision support care guides that describe the most appropriate care for common health symptoms and minor injuries. The guides are designed to provide decision support, helping health plan members and patients determine the most appropriate setting for treatment and provide basic instruction on how to relieve and manage symptoms of minor illnesses and injuries.
Symptom Checker contains 160 photographs, 81 adult care guides and 99 pediatric care guides and is based on Schmitt-Thompson clinical protocols used by more than 10,000 physician practices and 90 percent of medical call centers in North America. These protocols have been tested in more than 15 million symptom calls, and are used and distributed by the American Academy of Pediatrics. The interactive guides can be incorporated into a health plan’s website and are also available on iPhone and Android smart phones.
- The content is designed with your safety as the highest priority
- Each care guide is reviewed by physicians, specialists and nurses for accuracy. The annual review and updates also incorporate parent feedback regarding clarity and ease of use.
Easy 3-step navigation:
- Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide.
- Use the symptom decision chart to find the recommended action.
- Follow the self care advice to manage your illnesses & injuries at home.
Connect to 911, your doctor, your child's doctor or nearby Emergency Department are available if you have phone service.
One-touch access to the recommended dosage for common over-the-counter medications.
Disclaimer: The information provided with MyMiddlesex is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Talk with your health care provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.