Your Middlesex Hospital Homecare Team
Middlesex Hospital has received national recognition for the level of skill and care we offer our patients.
We have been named one of the Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals® three times – and are the only hospital in Connecticut named for two years running. We are also one of only 29 hospital in the United States to achieve Magnet® recognition for nursing excellence three consecutive times.
Our multi-disciplined Homecare team is committed to providing you with the most comprehensive home-based health care possible, right here in Connecticut.
The team includes:
- Skilled nurses for the homecare patient
- Specialty nurses for patients with heart disease, patients with complex wound care, patients with mental illness, patients with diabetes, new mothers, infants and patients requiring care for multiple chronic diseases.
- Hospice and Palliative Care program
- Home Health Aides
In addition to tending to patients’ needs such as bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene, they are expertly trained in assisting patients with their prescribed exercise program and to manage certain in-home medical equipment. They are supervised by registered nurses.
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists/Swallowing Specialists
- Medical Social Workers
Provide counseling and education for patients and their family members.
- Nutritionists available through Middlesex Health System