Rheumatology at Middlesex Hospital
People who suffer from one or more of the over 100 rheumatic disorders endure a significant amount of pain each and every day. At the Rheumatology Department at Middlesex Hospital, we work to assess the needs of each patient and create a treatment plan that offers that patient an opportunity to participate in life – physically, emotionally and socially.
Led by our board-certified physicians, rheumatology health care specialists and experts diagnose and treat inflammatory diseases and conditions of the joints, muscles, and soft tissues, including the various forms of arthritis and autoimmune disease, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and more. Since many rheumatoid disorders are chronic and have far-ranging effects on the ability to participate in daily activities, our team of health care professionals can best help patients manage these conditions.
Focusing on the patient, the Rheumatology multidisciplinary team will:
- Assess symptoms
- Interpret the results of advanced laboratory and radiological examinations
- Evaluate the need for hospitalization
- Assess the need for orthopedic or corrective intervention
- Evaluate the possible need for referrals to other health care providers
- Create an ongoing plan to manage the condition and symptoms