Sleep Disorder Services at Middlesex Hospital
- Sleep Disorders Clinic - A visit with our sleep team consisting of sleep physicians, APRN, and respiratory therapists. We follow you through the journey of diagnosis, treatment, problem solving and follow up.
- Polysomnogram (PSG) - A diagnostic study of sleep: if you meet the OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) split night criteria for treatment, you will be placed on therapy for the second portion of the night.
- PAP Titration - An overnight titration of Positive Airway Pressure therapy (multiple modes are available to include CPAP, BiPAP, ASV, AVAPS), for those who have a positive diagnostic study for Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- MATRx™ Titration- A dental device titration system that allows the center to find out the correct settings for the device to alleviate the Obstructive Sleep Apnea all in one night. Traditional methods include multiple adjustments with multiple studys taking place over several weeks. These setting are then given to your dentist for proper fitting.
- Home Sleep Study- A portable 5 channel study for those who cannot attend an overnight study within the Sleep Center. This study screens for Obstructive Sleep Apnea only. This study can also evaluate the effectiveness of dental, Provent, and positional therapy devices for OSA.
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test - Daytime nap study following a full night diagnostic PSG to evaluate /diagnose narcolepsy or other causes of daytime sleepiness.
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test - Daytime study to evaluate ability of the patient to stay awake.
- Desensitization of PAP mask - An hour long daytime appointment with a technologist for mask sizing and treatment anxiety.
- PAP-Nap - A 3-4 hour session with a technologist specialized in relaxation techniques for those who have difficulty initiating and maintaining sleep while using PAP devices. Example: phobias about wearing the PAP mask, ongoing noncompliance.
- Actigraphy - A week long recording, via the wearing of a watch, of your movement and light intake to help evaluate Insomnia and other wake disorders.
- CTB-I Sleep Coaching- Five 40 minute sessions over a 6 week period with a sleep coach trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques for insomnia. The sleep physician will be meeting with you prior to and during the program to wean any sleeping medications and to monitor your progress.