Who We Are
A New Kind of Community Hospital for Connecticut
Some people think they need to travel to large cities and giant health systems to get the best medical care or the most advanced technology. But, at Middlesex Hospital, we're working every day to change that. We provide all the convenience, personalized attention and compassionate care you'd expect from a local, community hospital, but we're also doing a lot of things that might surprise you—giving you access to the type of care you'd normally need to travel for, right here in your back yard.
It's that unique combination of a community hospital with world-class capabilities that truly makes Middlesex Hospital The Smarter Choice for Care.
- We are proud to be the state's first member of the prestigious Mayo Clinic Care Network, working together with Mayo Clinic specialists on your behalf to bring the world's most advanced medical knowledge here to Connecticut.
- Two award-winning, comprehensive Cancer Center locations in Middletown and Westbrook.
- An ongoing commitment to investing in the latest, most advanced treatments and technologies in vascular surgery, minimally-invasive spine and neck surgeries, orthopedics and joint replacement, da Vinci® robot-assisted procedures, and more.
- An expert, experienced team of the area's best physicians, specialists and sub-specialists, including our elite Surgical Alliance team.
- Connecticut's first and only hospital to earn Magnet® recognition for nursing excellence four consecutive times—something fewer than 1% of the hospitals in the world have accomplished.
- Convenient locations throughout Connecticut, including our main hospital campus, Shoreline Medical Center, Marlborough Medical Center, plus a network of urgent walk-in care centers and primary care offices.