Lung Screening Provider Information
Low Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening for High Risk Smokers
Screening Program for Lung Cancer, based on USPSTF recommendations.
- Annual Low Dose non-contrast chest CTs for 3 years.
- Radiation from Low Dose CT is 25% of a standard Chest CT exam.
- Age 55-77
- Asymptomatic/no signs or symptoms of lung cancer
- With history of tobacco smoking of at least 30-pack years
- Who are current smokers or who have quit smoking within the last 15 years
If you do not meet these criteria, please discuss with your provider whether a lung cancer screening would be of benefit to you.
- Middlesex Hospital
- Middletown Outpatient Center
- Marlborough Medical Center
- Shoreline Medical Center
Middlesex Central Scheduling
- Lung cancer screening is now covered by private insurance. Please pre-authorize exams. Medicare and Medicaid coverage is expected in April 2015.
- Routine MH radiology report to Health care Provider
- Letter to patient from the Nurse Navigator.
Megin Iaccariono, RN, BSN, CHPN (860-358-2066) will assist in coordinating patient care.
- Exposure--radon, silica, cadmium, asbestos, cadmium, arsenic, nickel.
- Family history of lung cancer.
- Personal history of lung cancer, lymphoma, head & neck cancer.
- Personal history of COPD or Pulmonary Fibrosis.