What is Reiki?
- Reiki is a complimentary, holistic therapy that promotes relaxation.
- The relaxation response is known to have many beneficial effects including:
- easing chronic pain
- lessening of anxiety and tension
- decreasing nausea and fatigue
- strengthening the immune system
- reducing the effects of stress
- providing a sense of tranquility and peace
When is Reiki offered?
- Reiki is performed on an individual basis and is therefore offered by appointment only.
Where are the sessions located?
- Middlesex Hospital Cancer Center
- 536 Saybrook Road, Middletown
Who can participate?
- Cancer patients as well as Middlesex Hospital employees and community members are welcome to participate in these services.
How do I sign up or find out more information?
- Please call us at (860) 358-2456 or e-mail us at Reiki@midhosp.org for more information.