Making a Referral
Our Intake Department is available to take referrals and answer questions Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
There is also an on-call nurse available to accept referrals 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To make a referral call 860-358-5960 or fax 860-358-5613.
Downloadable Forms for Referral:
- Patient Referral Form
- Face to Face Encounter Certification Documentation Resource Guide
- Skilled Nursing Facility Referral Form
- Face to Face Encounter Form
Our comprehensive home care programs are available to meet the needs of a variety of patients including those in need of full-term care, recovery & rehabilitation, mother & newborn care, respite and palliative care, and behavioral healthcare.
Who Is Eligible?
Middlesex Hospital offers a number of care options to patients suffering from the following:
- Unable to leave home without maximum assistance and/or effort
- Unable to ambulate
- Unsteady gait with assistive device
- Unable to negotiate stairs
- Require assistance of 1-2 people to ambulate
- Require an assistive device to ambulate
- Poor ambulation – prone to falls
- Post-op weakness
- Severe dyspnea on exertion
- Difficult and taxing effort to leave home
- Medical restrictions – open draining wound, leg elevated at all times
- Severe dizziness
- Compromised mental status