Before your Mammogram
- Before you schedule your appointment for a mammogram, you will need a prescription, or orders, from your doctor. If you do not already have one, your doctor can fax one to our scheduling department at 860-358-2626.
- To make an appointment, call our central scheduling office at 860-358-2600, or toll-free at 800-281-5235. Central Scheduling is open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- If you have mammograms from other health providers, it would be helpful for you to get ahold of them and bring them with you. The radiologist can compare your results now, to your past results to help determine if there has been any changes.
- Schedule your appointment around your menstral cycle.
- Bring your insurance card with you to your appointment.
- Do not wear any powder or deodorant to your appointment.
- Wear a two-piece outfit with a top that is easy for you to remove. You will be asked to change into a hospital gown top. There are private changing rooms for this purpose.